Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Time to make an album....and this is the music that's going to inspire me while I do my part!!!

Tomorrow, the Dirty Pearls start pre-production on our debut album, with producer David Kahne.


We're planning on taking over the world with this shit, and I've been preparing for this since I was drumming along with Kiss Alive II on my bed for my brothers' girlfriends (most of which became wives).

So...it's time, now, to play the fucking drums as if my life depends on it....for it DOES.

Anyway, this is the music that I'm re-immersing myself in to make sure I'm as inspired as inhumanly possible and sticking with the spirit & the groove that I hold so dearly.  I'm not going to do much explaining about it....I mean, it's pretty self-explanatory, don't you think? 

#1. Led Zeppelin



#2. My Motown Favorites (The Four Tops, The Temptations, and Marvin Gaye)








#3. My Not-Sung-Enough Heros (Jerry Nolan [New York Dolls/Heartbreakers] & Nicky Turner [Lord of the New Church])





#4. The Clash



#5. Aerosmith



#6. AC/DC



#7. The Rolling Stones



#8. Red Hot Chili Peppers



#9. Cheap Trick



#10. Guns N' Roses





I'm sure there are many others.  You know how I am!


Wish me luck!!!!


Thanks for reading!


Marty E.


PS-I forgot about Deep Purple....Ian Paice is one of the best ever!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you all the luck in the world... you've worked SO hard for SO long... don't let 'em push you around and do what you do best... Kick some ass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fina-fucking-ly. Good luck mr marty e.

    ReplyDelete