Monday, October 19, 2009

Humourously crazy people that have crossed my path, or whacked out ghosts of blogs past, or just a few of life's special moments

Hey....while I've been out yackety-yacking on the town, I've been compelled for one reason of another to bring these stories up....so I thought I'd share them, the way I wrote them on my old Myspace (remember that phenomenon?) blog....enjoy.....
====================================================================

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Current mood: amused
Category: Life
Just a few minutes ago, I was walking through Madison Square Park....not the least bit bothered by the rain....when I heard this voice bellowing something indecipherable on the other side of the park....

"Now just what the HELL is THIS, now?!", I thought, as I guzzled my Dr. Pepper like it was a bottle of Jack.

As I got closer to the other side of the park, I see what appears to be some homeless dude on a bench. It became apparent that, in his mind at least, he was putting on a little concert. I say this because he was talking at this point, as if to an audience (of which, incidentally, there were no members), between songs.

And what I heard him say still has me laughing my ass off.

He said, "Thank you VERY much ladies and gentleman....and my next number is a special song originally sung by Laura Branigan....."

OK? And I thought to myself, "No....NO....Dude...PLEASE tell me you're NOT GOING TO!!!"

But yes he did....he proceeded to do a gloriously off-key version Laura Branigan's song "GLORIA" at the top of his lungs....I still can't stop laughing......but maybe you had to be there....

I thought of uttering some cliche', like "Don't quit your day job"....until it occurred to me that this is probably it.....hahahahaha.....

Marty E.
====================================================================

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Current mood: confident
Category: Life
...ok....so, I stepped out for some junk food (sometimes a dude wants some Chicken fucking McNuggets, ok?)....

...and this dude...who looked like a cross between Albert Einstein, Col. Sanders, and (what I imagine, the looks of) the King of France character in Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn starts yelling,"EXCUSE ME....SIR...YOUNG MAN....YOU....EXCUSE ME...THE YOUNG MAN WITH THE HAT!!!!"

So, after ignoring him for a few seconds, I turned around and said, "WHAT do you WANT, (Man!)?!"

And he says, "Do you mind if I take your picture?"

"Nah, I don't mind," I replied.

And he said, "OK, let me see your profile?"

Slightly annoyed, but figuring 'What the Hell', I turned to my left. He took a closer look at me....

....and then he said, "Well....no," and he walked the other way.

I hollered after him, "Look, Dude....you're the one who asked, ahahahahahahaha!!!"

I love this town.
====================================================================

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Current mood: confused
Category: Life
So....after "another one of those nights", I was dropping off a couple of friends of mine on my way home in a cab. I got out of the cab to let them out on the curb side. When I did, two or three guys on the sidewalk held up cameras and started taking pictures of me, and looking as jovial as all hell!

Um....what the fuck?


This sort of thing has happened to a couple of girls that I've known, but....never to me!

I can't help but wonder....just who the hell did these crankshifters think I was?
====================================================================

You get my point.....and here's to many more "special moments"!

Thanks,

Marty E.

No comments:

Post a Comment