Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What an insane Saturday night....even what I missed was awesome....

I'm gonna start by saying thank you to everyone who made the second headlining Dirty Pearls show at the Bowery a SOLD OUT success. That means, thanks to each and every member of that beautiful crowd...I mean, wow....like Don Henley once sang, "I thought I knew what love was...what did I know?" Ahahahahaha.....

.....and THANKS to everyone who helped us promote the show, via interviewing us, by telling your friends about us, reposting our self- promo posts, or what-have-you. Every little bit helps, and means a whole hell of a lot to us.

I think above all, I have to thank our crew that night....of course there's Dave, our manager....and Jeff, Nate, Tommy, Joey, Mystie, Lauren, Jamie, and of course, the "Pearlettes", Jennifer and Alex.....the impact of that show wouldn't have been as massive had it not been for your help, nor would it have gone nearly as smoothly.....I hope I didn't miss anyone....hahahahaha....

It was really glorious up there for me, and for the rest of the band too.....I will admit, I was a little nervous beforehand, which is rare for me. As soon as I stepped on that stage, those nerves just melted away....I think it was the sound of the audience beginning to scream that cut through my nerves like a hot knife through frozen butter....THANKS again.

I think it might have been the best show I ever played, all in all.

We're just waiting for the results to come in from this show, and it might take a week or two....the last time, we got opening gigs with Twisted Sister, the New York Dolls, then Bret Michaels....so I'm excited to see what might happen this time. I'll keep you posted.

On another note, The Perfect Age of Rock N' Roll (the movie in which I am part of the principal cast) world premiered at the Newport Beach Film Festival, also this past Saturday night....I hear from my boy Jasin that it was standing room only, for a capacity crowd of 300 people, who evidently loved it....I hear that people were fighting over the last few admissions....these are all very good signs, and inspire confidence that there might be a nation and/or worldwide release coming soon. Anyway, thanks to everyone I worked with on the film...I love you all...and to anyone who might have caught the premiere....I hope I looked ok, ahahahahaha....

Above all, I just want to thank all of my friends & family for supporting me, thick and thin, drunk and sober.....insane and more insane....you mean the world to me....it's all going to happen, and I'm taking you all with me.....

Marty E.

No comments:

Post a Comment